[rescue] spam WPOISON

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Sep 8 15:28:51 CDT 2003

>From: Mike Meredith
>On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:51:34 -0400
>Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>>    I agree with this point, though if written in C, the fork()/exec()
>> overhead for such a small program won't be all that bad.
>
>What about a long-lived daemon connected to the web server via a named
>pipe ? Or similar ?

Interesting... a Unix socket would work too.

Although something still needs to talk through it... what language
would you use for that side ?  And in which case, for such a small
app, might as well do it all in that language...

But... an interesting idea that I'm sure would have some uses... a
good way possibly of connecting up the web to an application that
needed to be very fast performance wise where the speed could not
be obtained efficiently otherwise.

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks

rescue at
t       a
e       w
n       k
.niatnuom

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices