[rescue] Re: Are there any certification worth looking into these days?

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Sep 4 17:15:28 CDT 2003

Information about the SANS conference volunteer program:

http://www.sans.org/conference/volunteer.php

-------------------------<begin quoted
material>------------------------------

> I am thinking about moving back toward the tech world again and am
> wondering if there are really any certs worth pursuit or should I
> just keep my head down for a while?

Were I to look for some 'paper" to start a new career in Tech, I'd
consider a good Security certification, as that will add definite
"fortification" to any real skills you have (admin, programming, etc.)
- beyond that, I'd say serious Cisco Derts are a worthwhile endeavor...

There was mention of a very good security certification that one could
attend for free/low-cost, if they'll work during the class (sweat
equity, in return for a crack at the cert test)... check the archives
the last two weeks of Aug (I think), or, if the original poster could
re-post, that would be great...