[rescue] Apple Newton

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Wed Sep 3 12:48:17 CDT 2003

The handwriting recognition improved vastly with the 2.x version of the
software that appeared on the MP130 and the 2x00 series.

While good on the 130, the extra CPU available on the 2x00 made it very
usable and speedy.

I was seduced away from my Newton 2100 by the size and color screen of an
iPaq. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of it, now. Folks are still writing
software for Newton - I saw a conduit for iSync in OSX for the Newton just
the other day. It's a fringe, but a devoted fringe <grin>

Steve