[rescue] Sgi 4d/20 anybody want it?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Sep 3 12:36:14 CDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 12:14:22 -0500 (EST)
Joshua Snyder <josh at imagestream.com> wrote:

> I have the opportunity to pickup a Sgi Personal Iris 4d/20 system for
> 25 dollars.  I am not sure of the config.  I would hate to see this
> machine go to waist, but I don't think I want it.  If I picked it up

That's worth picking up, if nothing else than for historical value.  The
4D/20 was the first of the Personal Iris series, and are pretty darn
neat systems.  They will run Irix 5.3, but most folks only run $.x on it
due to the fact that the CPU is only a R3k running at 12.5Mhz or so.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."