[rescue] Ultra 60 Questions

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Sep 3 08:42:02 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:18:21 -0400 (EDT)
Nathan Raymond <nate at portents.com> wrote:

> Well the reason I ask is that I have said Indy (originally a stock
> R4000 100Mhz that Syracuse University was discarding).  I've put some
> money into upgrading it over the last year, and I was wondering how it
> compared to a U60 because I was wondering if as a tinkering machine,
> the U60 would be a lot better.  I didn't realize it would cost me in
> the end about the same for the upgraded Indy as it would for a Tatung
> U60... and I was wondering if it is worth parting with or retiring my
> Indy and finding a good deal on a U60?  (Keeping in mind my main home
> machines are OS X boxes, with my current tinkering boxes running
> NetBSD m68k and NeXTStep 3.3)

Well, that depends.  I plan on using my Tatung U60 as one of my primary
workstations.  It'd make one hell of a tinkerer too.

However, that Indy isn't exactly to piss on.  I have an R5k-180 Indy
that I absolutely love.  However, if you're going to part with it, let
me give you my address.  :)

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."