[rescue] SunFastEthernet questions

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Sep 2 17:12:32 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> Ftp putting from my p200mmx running Solaris for Intel to my
> Ulta 60 through a 2924XL switch I was able to push 4660KB/sec on a
> 8 Meg file.

And after setting them to 100/full you'll probably get about double that.

> Doesn't seem bad to me...

It does to me.

> What is a good way of benchmarking the max throughput ?

FTP is a good benchmark because it uses TCP streams and relatively
little CPU.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols