[rescue] Ultra 60 Questions

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Sep 2 12:44:43 CDT 2003

On Tue,  2 Sep 2003 11:42:24 -0400
"robert_brooke gravitt" <brooke at gravitt.org> wrote:

> From: Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com>
>
> >The most expensive piece was adding a 360Mhz/4MB cache CPU to it - it
> >cost more than the base system.  If you can deal with 200Mhz CPUs,
> >you can get a couple very inexpensively.
>
> So I take it that I could pull the dual 200s from an Ultra 2 and just
> pop them in. Cool.

Yes, to my knowledge.  I know the Tatung clones support this, I assume
the Sun U60s will, but can't confirm.  I'm sure the final word is in
docs.sun.com somewhere buried deep....

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."