[rescue] Ultra 60 Questions

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Sep 2 12:08:34 CDT 2003

>From: Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com>
>
>On Tue,  2 Sep 2003 11:05:59 -0400
>"robert_brooke gravitt" <brooke at gravitt.org> wrote:
>
>> Quick Questions:
>>
>> 1) is ram for the Ultra 2 & Ultra 60 interchangable
>
>In my experience, yes.
>

>> 2) Opinions on the tatung clones? Specifically, the Ultra 60 clone?
>>

>I like mine. :)
>
>It lacks 2 main things:
>   - SCA driveplane

I don't know what the case is like on one of these clones, however if
there are two free 5.25" external bays that will take a full height
device, I have SCA drive enclosures that go in two such bays and provide
space for 3 one inch height SCA devices.

They are Icy Dock units.  Pretty nice IMHO.

I also have units that take 5 drives and it mounts in the space of 3
5.25" external accessible bays.

So, if this clone has more 5.25" external bays than a genuine Sun U60
this may be an option to go SCA with one of these.

-- Curt