[rescue] FS/FT: Sun Ultra 30 - middling specifications...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 09:51:35 CST 2003

Hello all,

I am starting to reduce the number of UltraSPARC systems I have, since
I will *never* get the time to build my *dream* network... First on the
block is an Ultra 30 with the following specifications:

Ultra 30 base in good, clean condition
250 MHz CPU (w/ 1 Meg cache, IIRC 501-4278)
Creator Framebuffer (501-4174)
256 Meg RAM (8x 32 Meg DIMMs)
1x 4 Gig HD (Seagate ST34371W)
CD-ROM drive Toshiba XM-5401 (speed unknown)

Test install of Solaris 10 beta on HD, freshly sys-unconfig'ed for your
convienience!

*** no floppy, keyboard, mouse ***

(if needed, keyboard/mouse can be negotiated seperately)

I'd like $125, plus $25 Shipping/Handling domestic US
(International buyers will pay $125 plus actual S/H) or B/O (if I am
totally out to lunch on the price ;^)...

Also, I've got a broken framebuffer, 501-4788 that *seems* to kinda
work (I can see POST messages, but never get to "ok" prompt or OS boot.
If anyone wants it, it is yours for postage ($4 USPS Priority)).

Please contact me off list if interested in either. I will have a
couple Ultra 1 boxes later this weekend and later next week I should be
able to go through my Indigo^2 and Octane collection and offer up my
"spares" (once I test them)...

Prefer $$ via PayPal, but will consider trades for things like
high-density RAM for Octane/O2 or 4x 128 Meg DIMMs for similar units
(Ultra 2, 30, 60, E350, etc.). (key aspect is volume reduction!)

Thanks in advance,

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall