[rescue] SUN QIC Tape for Sparcengine 1e

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Fri Nov 14 22:33:12 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Jackie Huen wrote:

> SPARCengine 1E SunOS 4.1e Sun-4e SUNBIN
> SPARCengine 1E 4.1E-GFX Rev. 1 Sun-4E SUNBIN
/.../

> Looks like the Special SunOS for the SPARCengine 1E (VME).
> I don't have any gear to test it. I will mail them to the
> first guy who offer me $10 + actual shippment prepaid.

Hmmm.  The old Fore Systems ForeRunner ATM switches (the old 100 and 200
series) were built around that board, I think; I haven't fired mine up in
a year or so, but I think they were "sun4e"... maybe not.  I'd have to
check.  I don't think I need the tapes, but figured it might be a tidbit
of useful information to share.

Okay, so in light of recent threads, who read "Fore Systems" as something
else entirely? :-)

-- Chris