[rescue] Spaceball + IRIX?

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Fri Nov 7 12:23:33 CST 2003

I'd be interested in this one too.  I bought a new Spaceball back in '96 to use with 3DSMAX 1.0 and
it has yet to see any use other than playing with the demos.  A dual PPro 200 w/ Matrox card wasn't
enough to effectively rotate geometry any more complex than Utah teapot.

I've been contemplating putting the Spacball on my Octane but have yet to do so.

/KRM

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:00:12 -0600
Scott Newell <newell at cei.net> wrote:

> I bought a spaceball 3003FLX cheap off eBay recently, but my colleague here
> at work isn't too interested in using it under AutoCAD and Inventor, so I'm
> gonna rescue it back.
>
> Anyone know offhand what software I need (and where to find it) to run this
> sucker under IRIX 6.5?  I'm looking at
> http://freshmeat.net/redir/libsball/20401/url_homepage/libsball, but I
> suspect there were manufacturer provided drivers originally.
>
> I'm hoping to use it for some OpenGL hacking.
>

> newell

"Microsoft is fighting these initiatives (OSS in government) like a cornered badger on
amphetamines."

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/