[rescue] Convex supercomputer

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Sat Nov 1 20:43:10 CST 2003

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Bob Keyes wrote:

> I remember seeing systems running ConvexOS  Unix.

That was for the C series, is a totally different beast than the SPP and
exemplars. The C were mini-crays in the sense that they were vector
processors, not a bunch of scalar processors thrown together.

> Also, Linux has been ported to the PA-RISC chip, but they don't mention
> the Convex hardware:
>
> http://www.parisc-linux.org/hardware/supported.html

They use the same chip, but the rest of the system, specially the
interconnection fabric is propietary, and I doubt Convex will document nor
share the details of it.