[rescue] hp kayak price estimate?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 30 09:06:54 CDT 2003

"Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> I think that you are probably thinking of the motherboard bug on the
> PentiumPro 180 and 200's where the PCI/graphics card bug existed that
> limited actual throughput to like 6MB/s out of a theoretical max of
> 133MB/s .  At least, that would be one example.

That's one of them, but there were a lot more things that would go wrong on
these systems - power supply failure, magic smoke escaping from
motherboards, VRMs frying processors, PS2 port failure, and so one.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."