[rescue] hp kayak price estimate?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 30 07:35:22 CDT 2003

Klaasjan Brand <kjb at studenten.net> wrote:

> This system is for sale in the Netherlands; seller want about 450
> euro's. For a generic P3 system I don't think the configuration would be
> worth more than 150-200, but does anyone got an idea what the extra
> value of the Kayak series is (except for the cool case? ;)

<snip config>

Nothing.  In my experience, the Kayaks are some of the worst x86 boxen out
there (reliability-wise, and "standards"-wise).

YMMV, of course, but I can't stand the Kayaks.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."