[rescue] HP-UX Install

Raymond Stricklin red at bears.org
Fri May 30 01:11:03 CDT 2003

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 08:23  PM, Nathaniel Grady wrote:

> Ok, I'm feeling rather stupid at the moment. I finally got a copy of
> HP-UX for my precisionbook, and am stuck for how to install it. My
> initial plan was to install over the network from a linux machine, but
> googling only turns up instructions for installing from another HP-UX
> box.

There is a reimplementation of 'rbootd' for NetBSD (possibly linux or
others as well), which is enough to start the network boot. Eventually,
however, you're going to find yourself wanting the SD/UX tools (a
swinstall depot, to  be specific) which is going to be a lot harder to
sort out.

If you're in the Seattle area, I can help get you hooked up.

ok
bear