[rescue] urandom device or EGD under IRIX

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Thu May 29 13:42:57 CDT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 02:58:58AM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> Anyone know how to deal with the "PRNG not seeded" error under
> IRIX when trying to use ssh/scp?  I believe 6.5.19 introduces
> a /dev/urandom device, but i am running 6.5.18f.  I am
> assuming that the SGI freeware version of openssh/openssl is
> compiled with the necessary options to allow it to use an EGD
> but i can't seem to find any info on where that EGD would be
> located.
>
> How do you guys deal with "randomness" for ssh under IRIX pre
> 6.5.19?

You have to go into the beta directory and download the non-PRNG
build.  Search Google groups.

Can make the tardist available to you if you have problems finding it.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Lisp hosting       |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/50GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |