[rescue] urandom device or EGD under IRIX

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu May 29 02:58:58 CDT 2003

Anyone know how to deal with the "PRNG not seeded" error under
IRIX when trying to use ssh/scp?  I believe 6.5.19 introduces
a /dev/urandom device, but i am running 6.5.18f.  I am
assuming that the SGI freeware version of openssh/openssl is
compiled with the necessary options to allow it to use an EGD
but i can't seem to find any info on where that EGD would be
located.

How do you guys deal with "randomness" for ssh under IRIX pre
6.5.19?

Thanks,
/KRM