[rescue] Making IRIX EFS CD updates of downloaded IRIX 6.5.XX M or F streams

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu May 29 13:08:03 CDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> Posted this, and haven't heard anything yet...  I could have sworn I
> saw someone post a link or something about doing this.... anyone ?

Is there any particular reason that you're trying to do this?  If you
have an installation tools CD--ANY installation tools CD from 6.5.3 or
later, you can install any 6.5.xx overlay.  If you have one from before
6.5.3, you need to install 6.5.0, and then do the overlays from inside
of inst or swmgr.

If you have no way to boot your systems, be aware that SGIs are
silly-easy to netboot.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Lawsuit...why doesn't it surprise me that more
Thorndale, TX      (    than half of that word is Suit?"