[rescue] Various

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Thu May 29 12:59:37 CDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003 13:29:34 -0400, "Brent B. Powers" <sunrescue at b2pi.com>
wrote:

> I seem to recall that Slot 7 was Intel PIII, and Socket 7 was AMD
> Athlon (Thunderbird or Duron)

That sounds partly right. Socket 7 was AMD K6-2 and various flavours of
Pentium, IIRC. And probably the Cyrix 6x86. <quick check> The mobo I have
downstairs distinctly says "Socket 7" and currently contains a P5-200, has
contained a 6x86, and will fit a K6-2 (though the mobo wouldn't support the
voltages I needed). I'm pretty sure the Athlon and Duron take another...
wait, I've got a mobo for that too. <another check> Socket 462. Oooh! A
CR2032! And the mobo is bad, no need to let it sit in a useless mobo.

---
Robin of Borg: Holy futility, Batman -- we're assimilated!