[rescue] Re: NeXT cube question

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed May 28 22:04:49 CDT 2003

>On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 04:35 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>> That's cheap compared to what Black Hole is selling them for.  A Turbo
>> cube mobo alone is $899.
>
>   You mean "what Black Hole is asking for them".  I'd be shocked if
>they were actually *selling* any at those ridiculous prices.
>
>   I've got a SPARCstation-5 for sale.  Asking $1250.00.
>
>       -Dave

Heh

A funny blackholeinc story. Over a year ago I was reasearching black NeXT hardware and I came across the blackholeinc.com website. For reasons unknown, the guy who runs blackholeinc has put his personal blog on the site. Go to the 'about' link on the main page to access it as it follows from the FAQ. Like most blogs, it consists of page after page of rambling drivel - though it does give some insight into the author. He is clearly derranged.

However if you plow through the blog you'll eventually get to page 9 (http://www.blackholeinc.com/about/page9.shtml). Scroll down to the picture of the football and you'll come across the following:

"12/24/01 Santa is Fast, very Fast.Ho Ho HoVaroooooom! Santa seriously gives away a NeXTSTATION or refurbished NeXT laser Printer to the first respondent, to e-mail sales at blackholeinc.com and tell us why you love this soap opera for men, if this is still here without comment it hasn't been discovered yet! The force is strong with this one, you'll have to cover shipping!"

This blog is so bad that I'm prepared to wager I'm the only person who has _ever_ made it this far. After all, the offer was there the first time I read through the blog in early 2002. Is anybody game enough to email him to see if they can score a free NeXTStation?

Regards,

Gavin