[rescue] Uh, hello stupid.

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Wed May 28 01:33:44 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 22:56, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
> From: Eric Webb <ttlchaos at randomc.com>
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: [rescue] Uh, hello stupid.
> Date: 28 May 2003 01:33:31 -0400
>
> So after all the talk about IDE RAID controllers, and several people
> recommending 3ware, I decided to get one.  But I sure never took the time to
> realize that they are 64-bit PCI cards.  D'oh!
>
> Okay, so can anyone recommend a P2/P3 motherboard with 64-bit PCI slots?  I
> need cheap.

Cheap is to just do like everybody else, and plug it into a 32-bit slot,
and let it run in 32-bit mode.  :)  Which card did you get?  Are they
still built like the older cards, in that they all share the same PCB,
but some have fewer IDE ports, and the rest of the space on the PCB is
empty?
	Greg

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]