[rescue] The other question...need Amiga advice!?!

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Wed May 28 00:48:03 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 11:03 pm, N. Miller wrote:

> However, I need Amiga-geek advice, now.  This buyer has two
> A3000's, both with toasters.  One has additional equipment (I
> don't have the specs right now).  He's been posting them for
> sale ranging for $550-$650 for the lower-end one, and $600-
> $700 for the other--but they haven't sold in the few months
> I've been on the LEM-swap list.

Tell me more... any accelerators?  Chip mem?  Fast mem?  What ROM version is
in them (2.1, 3.0, etc)?  Any TBCs included with them?  The Toaster software
is demanding, and the more certainly the better.

Also, are they Toaster 2000's or 4000's?  (I can't remember if a Toaster 4000
will go in the 3000 or not... any Toaster at all in a 3000 is a semi-bad-idea
as the cards get hot and the 3000 isn't good in the cooling department.)

Why is it that everyone expects to get so much return on this old Amiga stuff?
That said, if you get two and need to part with one, let me know.

-E.