[rescue] NeXT Cube Question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue May 27 21:02:34 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 10:00 PM, Jeffrey Brendle wrote:
>> a) I would question if it is truly a 68040 or a 68030.  The 030 is
>> very slow when running any OS later than 2.1 .
>
> good point. the '040 is usually tagged a "turbo", people will make a
> point of mentioning this to get more $ I should think... and there's a
> BIG difference between the '030 and '040 chips (ditto in Macs) & the
> newer OSes will drag the thing to a crawl if it is an '030.

   Umm...this is a little ambiguous.  There are '030, '040 non-turbo,
and '040 turbo cubes.  The '040 non-turbo is clocked at 25MHz, and the
'040 turbo is clocked at 33MHz.

   The '030s are clocked at 25MHz if memory serves, and are slower than
pissing tar.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                          "Beer is food."
St. Petersburg, FL                         -Anonymous