[rescue] IBM LVD drive in SS20

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat May 24 00:06:44 CDT 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Geoff Koehler wrote:

> IRIX 5.3.  The commands in the crontab run fine when run by hand but
> fail to run from cron.  Logs show that cron executes the commands with
> no error, but yet the script doesnt do anything....

Is the script a shell script?  Does it start with #!/bin/sh ?

Most scripts will run just fine from the shell without that, but
commands spawned from elsewhere don't tend to work so well without it.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Lawsuit...why doesn't it surprise me that more
Thorndale, TX      (    than half of that word is Suit?"