[rescue] libpthread.a on Solaris 8?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri May 23 23:41:06 CDT 2003

You should be able to compile most of it static except for the
references for the libpthread by linking in the .o and .a files
and using -lpthread for the dynamic part... no ?

Since libpthread.so and libthread.so (which I'm sure libpthread.so needs)
come "stock" with Solaris 8, unless they get toasted you should be ok.

I agree with your desires though, a static libpthread.a and libthread.a
would be nice for specific things like this (although potentially needing
more maintenance, and multiple copies if all machines are not identical).

-- Curt