[rescue] O2 insanity

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 08:18:03 CDT 2003

--- KRM <kevin at pipeline.com> wrote:
> Is there any reason that this machine would be worth the $1100
> reserve price?  What's the max CPU that O2s came outfitted with?

I think the issue comes down to these points:

1) Seller is ignorant of what they have

2) Seller is lying about source of system - if a friend gave it to him,
his friend could give him info on the system, etc. - esp. that part
about the root password...

3) The price was probably decided by looking at www.sgi.com and seeing
what systems sell for there... (Does SGI still sell refurb O2?)

=====
Lionel