[rescue] VAXstation questions

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu May 22 15:26:09 CDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> LOL, I assume they already had the SUNs so the main question is why didn't
> they teach 68K assembler instead of VAX? :) 68K is cisc and pretty
> elegant.... then again I am pretty sure their decision made sense at that
> time, not knowing the details....

THAT I am not entirely certain on.  Especially considering we had to use
68k (specifically 68010) assembler for our Systems Programming
Fundamentals class.  We used ISI machines that were slaved to Sun3s.
Mine was one of the last quarters it was taught, and there were several
points where there were only two ISIs working...

--Kurt