[rescue] FS: Athlon x86 machine

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon May 19 01:05:03 CDT 2003

I've got a cheap Athlon-based x86 box for sale:

TBird 700Mhz CPU (Socket A)
ABit KT7 motherboard
17.2G Maxtor IDE HD (5400 RPM/512K cache; DiamondMax 4320 model 91728D8)
24X IDE-CDROM (Sun PN 370-3319; Goldstar CRD-8240B)
Riva TNT2 16MB AGP graphics
10/100 SMC-chipset PCI network card
 (can also include a 3Com 3C509 PCI 10/100 card if you wish)
512M PC133 SDRAM (1 DIMM; has 3 slots total)
All in a mid-tower ATX case (4 5.25" bays, 2 external and 1 internal 3.5" bays)

Has a new (2-3 months?) P4-capable ATX power supply, and a 2-month-old CPU
heatslink/fan.

Note:  This has been used in a smoking environment, although I've
air-blown it out as much as possible and cleaned it up as good as
I can.

Before I bought the new power supply, in an attempt to cut down noise (I
was going for a quiet-as-possible environment), I covered all the unused
surfaces inside the case with V-Blok (a Dynamat-like noise reducing
material).  This adds a couple of pounds to the weight of the case and makes
it VERY solid (you can knock on it with a knuckle and hear a "thunk" instead
of a rattle).

System has been in continuous use since early 2001 without problems; we just
replaced it a couple of weeks ago with a smaller (and non-minitower) Compaq
Deskpro box.

Asking $120 (shipping included), or will take $80 from local people or someone
with a FedEx/UPS account I can bill the shipping to.  PayPal preferred.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net