[rescue] Big SGIs at Home

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Sun May 18 18:02:25 CDT 2003

I keep my onyx rack in the garage and run it off single phase 220 without
any problems. However I removed the two re2 pipes in the lower card
cage to be safe.  It doesn't produce enough heat in that configuration to
cause problems but I will only run it for a few hours at at time and
usually
in the evenings when it is cool.  It's way to noisy to even consider
bringing
it into the house but at least it's not as noisy as my ss690s.

You can rewire the supplies to take single phase 220 by just moving a few
wires around.  Someday when I have the time, I will rewire it with heavier
wire and terminal strips and  plug the two extra pipes back it and see what

happens.