[rescue] IRIX 6.5 on an Indy

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Fri May 16 02:06:44 CDT 2003

Is anyone here running IRIX 6.5 on an Indy (R5K 180mhz, 128
RAM)?  I'm contemplating building up one of my Indys and
taking it to work to use as a workstation for a while.  I know
5.3 was more along the lines of what it was designed for, but
i'd like to know if 6.5 has worked acceptably for anyone here.

I have have 6.5 but the only copy of 5.3 that i have is
specific to certain Indigo2s and will not run on an Indy.
Basically i need to know i need to start looking for an Indy
capable copy of 5.3 or just use the 6.5 that i already have.

Thanks
/KRM