[rescue] Re: Drive Reliability (was SCSI drive for sale atbuy.com)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu May 15 00:28:12 CDT 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Likely not...those chip packages were around long, long before GaAs
> chips came into vogue.

Hm.  I didn't know that.  I guess it's just coincidence that the few
that I have seen were all GaAs.

>    GaAs is still used for ultra-high-speed semiconductors.

How is it that they can still clock it faster than silicon?  I thought
the silicon clocks were reaching a physical limitation.  Or is it just
that GaAs has less resistance than silicon, so it doesn't heat up as
quickly?

--
Jonathan Patschke *) "The grabbing hands grab all they can, all for
Thorndale, TX     (*  themselves, after all, it's a competitive world;