[rescue] VAXstation questions

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Wed May 14 11:34:13 CDT 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> I wouldn't mind finding the magical equation of safe stuff to use to
> do exactly what you do (clean the boards of these rescues).
[...]
> Distilled water is easy, but what cleaners can be used that won't harm
> the chips, boards, cables, labels, etc...

I work part-time at a test equipment dealer, and when old gear comes in
which is all dusty and crufty, they use this to clean it up (yes, inside
and out):

http://servisol.co.uk/data/FC30_data.htm

see a pic at:

http://www.megatronics.lk/products/tools/service_aids/vcp30.htm

The company buys this stuff by the case (24 cans I think) because they
use so much of it.

Ed.

--
I remember why I started becoming less tolerant, and I think I should strive
to become less tolerant in future. - RobA