[rescue] VAXstation questions

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed May 14 10:01:52 CDT 2003

I have the latest (7.3 ?) OpenVMS on CD.  I don't have license keys
or anything (I assume I'll be needing those but can get those for free
under the hobbyiest program (without having to buy media), correct ?).

I have just started the VAX part of my collection.

The only software I have of the VS200's generation is Ultrix on a TK50
tape.  I don't know if it is a bootable complete OS though...

It is labelled "Ultrix and UWS V4.2 (VAX) Mandatory Upgrade".

I don't even know if the tape still has that on it, if it has been
rewritten, or exposed to magnetic fields rendering it useless...

Plus I'd like to go with VMS for now.

I actually have a VMS 5.5 CD somewhere... need to locate that...
don't know if it is any good... actually "rescued" it from some
wall plaquard that it was affixed to (can't recall for what now
though.... that goes way back...).  I assume this will require
license keys as well (still available under hobbiest ???)

-- Curt

I'm not locked into running that version