[rescue] Older-new mac stuff

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue May 13 12:14:45 CDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 09:33:36AM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> Hmm it's a little ouch for me... even for a FW powerbook G3...
> considering one can almost get a G4 for that if one looks hard
> enough... I'd value those at $600-700.

I've been looking at Pismos for a while on ebay and craigslist, and
I don't think these upgraded versions are bad at $800. $840 shipped
comes down to $800 real price assuming it's shipped insured, and the
G3 400s with under half a gig are going for $700 easily on eBay.

Are there many G4 powerbooks out there under $1k with 512MB+ RAM? I'd
be getting interested if I could find one (and if I sell my Inspiron).

--Rob