[rescue] Haven't fallen off the face of the earth...

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sun May 4 16:17:30 CDT 2003

For those of you are expecting info from me on some of the gear
I posted, I've been down w/a vicious sinus infection all last week
and most of this.  Just now unburying myself from the backlog
of email.

Here's the book list I promised:

<http://www.employees.org/~vraptor/List_of_books.html>

I'd like to get 5-10% under the going Amazon used rate
for good to very good quality, and I'll include media
rate shipping in that price.

I think I've brokered a VRAM chip and CPUs for the SS20, as
well as hard drives, but I'm still open to trades for the other
stuff on my gear list.
<http://www.employees.org/~vraptor/gear_list.html>

And I am completely open to other offers, though I'm probably
not going to consider any full system swaps unless it's Mac.
I've put the O^2 on the gear list with the specs, a couple of
folks inquired, but I haven't heard anything from them since
that big list o' SGI stuff was posted a few weeks back.  :-)

<!ob_rescue>
My mobile phone store was broken into this week.  They
stole the ancient cash register which had maybe $150 in it,
and one mobile phone (impossible to activate--there is a
nat'l IMEI db for such things).  They passed up the $400+
17" LCD on the desk, the $250 Dish Network PVR, and two
additional  $80 Dish receivers.  A client's office was broken
into recently. They stole his P2 laptop, and passed up the
5+ LCD screens in the office.

I wonder about the quality of criminal that this economic
downturn is producing.
</!ob_rescue>

=Nadine=
--