[rescue] Compaq Raid - Came w/ an Alpha Server

Andrew Giedraitis andycadd at earthlink.net
Thu May 1 18:36:30 CDT 2003

I have 2 of the mentioned units 1 just arrived the other is in service works
great
the personality module [i believe] allows you to go beyond ID's 0-6 by
messing with the dip switches,
otherwise it's just a JBOD   (Just a Bunch Of Disks) there is no info needed
the plug on the module will tell you what to hook it to some drives were
customized for various OS's
it's fairly easy to change the drives but be careful with the cellophane
wiring I trashed 1 at the ID side of the drive

I searched the model number on google got tons of hits all interesting the
knowledgable retailers even tell you what the different model numbers do
just from their offerings

I think yours is a 20mb/s     8-bit system   but I dunno plug it in see what
detects

Andrew Giedraitis