[rescue] Wit's end -- Indigo2

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu May 1 10:58:08 CDT 2003

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 10:52 AM, Joshua Newton wrote:

> I think you're looking for one of these:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/
> eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3409571334&category=11160

Yeah I suppose... at the time I bought these I was just getting into
SCA drives and didn't realize I needed to terminate on the board or
externally.  I figured I'd just jumper the last drive in the chain.
They really should come auto-sense like Jaz drives.  The last device in
the chain auto-magically terminates itself with onboard active
termination.  I see no reason why they can't do this technically....and
further if this isn't working have a jumper to disable it and use
external termination (for drives that have term circuitry failing)

Andrew