[rescue] wants to upgrade from a netra to some really big box

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Mar 31 17:44:05 CST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 08:53:45AM -0500, William Enestvedt wrote:
> > I thought the E3000 was 6-CPU?
> >
>    I think mine next door has five Board slots, but you really need one for
> SBUS cards, GBICs, etc. (I have two for CPUs/RAM, one for a video card, and
> one for an SBUS SCSI card. The free slot will be filled with...nothing, for
> now.)

There are four full-width slots that will take a CPU or an I/O board,
and one half-width slot into which only the mandatory clock board will
fit.  In practical terms, while you could technically boot the machine
via serial console from the internal disks, with no head and no NIC
you're not going to be doing much of anything useful with it.