[rescue] You know the bottom's fallen out...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 31 14:24:52 CST 2003

...of the used Sun hardware market when an U2/2200
(dual 200MHz processors, 4.5GB disk, 256MB memory,
probably no frame buffer, claimed to be tested and working)
goes for < $160 shipped.

  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3409057464

Holy cow.  It wasn't long ago that $150 would buy an SS10
with an SM30, and that seemed like a Good Deal.

Tell me again why I don't just spend all my money on
non-computer items and wait 3 years?  How much will
a V440 cost in 3 years at this rate?  < $1.5k, I'm guessing.

  --Rip