[rescue] FS/FT: CiDesign 4-drive hotplug enclosure (for USB drive encl.)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Mar 31 14:05:54 CST 2003

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a portable USB drive enclosure for an IDE disk. Maybe two.
Must be USB2, 3.5" drive compatible. Prefer bus power, would like firewire
option, but neither of these is required. No drive needed.

I have a 4-drive hot-plug SCSI enclosure available to trade for it. It's
like this but with four hotswap carriers and trays for SCA 1"/1.6" disks:
http://66.34.188.63/con_product_details.asp?line=Desktop&product=Ci_4000
http://66.34.188.63/con_product_details.asp?line=Desktop&product=Data_Transporter
Cabled for 40MB/sec 68-pin wide scsi (could be recabled for LVD or maybe
even FC), brand new (never used). Includes four Data Transporters in silver.
I have suitable SCSI cards available for most platforms (the SPARC ones
aren't cheap though :( ).

If anyone's interested in such a trade, let me know. I'd also consider
selling for $100obo (plus shipping, $30-50 to US/Canada) and just picking
up an enclosure locally.

I'd also welcome a recommendation on a suitable enclosure, if I do end up
having to just buy one.

Thanks,
Rob