[rescue] Crimson update: Hmm

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Mar 31 12:33:24 CST 2003

On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 01:24  PM, Gerhard Lenerz wrote:

>   I think I didn't see your previous posting about the Crimson on this
>   list.
>
>   The heat sensor is -I think this is also true for single towers-
>   right above the cardcage as this is the system itself is the part it
>   is meant to protect. It shuts down the system (well... sort of...)
>   and at least in theory it should only come up again if you press
>   that little switch on the front panel (the red one that is hidden
>   close to the reset button).

What happened is in the middle of the day it popped off.  The red
switch was popped out.  Pushing it in and turning the unit back on
popped the switch out again in 5 seconds... doing so an hour later
produced the same result...I fiddled around with boards and no dice.
Next day... pushed in and machine is fine.  I think my sensor may be
failing... there is simply no way the machine was overheated... it has
plenty of airflow and right now it's pretty cold in here..

Andrew