[rescue] Vesa Local Bus video cards

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Mon Mar 31 10:15:19 CST 2003

I have two of these suckers -- a Diamond Viper VLB and some Western Digital
board -- and no place to use them. I gave my last VLB motherboard away with
another video card, and I can't even test 'em.

A quick search on eBay shows that VLB stuff is going for a song, and there
isn't a single bid on any of the items.

I always hate to get rid of working computer stuff, but this particular
technology appears to be unwanted and virtually useless. The only thing you
can say about VLB is "it's faster than ISA."

And some of those cards are new in the box with manuals and drivers, with
non-DOA guarantees. These are working pulls of unknown quality, and I have
no way to test 'em.

Unless somebody wants to pay for me to ship 'em, I guess I'll just trash
these cards. :(

---
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other "sins" are
inverted nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful -- just stupid.) -L. Long