[rescue] The Practical Guide to FDDI

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Mar 30 11:19:02 CST 2003

ERM no... and I can't afford any UPS's at this time.  I have one on my
most important machine (the G3)... and its battery is questionable.
But it will run long enough to shut things down.

Two things of note...

1. The temp in the house was 80 F... but the machine has run fine for
long bouts of time at 88F and this is the warmest it has been in a long
time.

2. There was a thunderstorm going on (semi-distant) but I never noticed
lightning until after the problem occurred.  No light flickers and the
other machines on the circuit were fine... plus the surge protector
didn't blow anything...i.e. led's show that protection is still good...
and these (this brand) die when they go...