[rescue] The Practical Guide to FDDI

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Mar 29 16:36:59 CST 2003

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 04:37:21PM -0500, Michael Schiller wrote:
> Well, I guess I loose geek points as just yesterday I switched back
> from FDDI to fast ethernet! The reason? Simple, noise.

My home network:

DSL bridge -> Cisco PIX 502 -> Cisco Cat2924XL -> 4 machines

Today, I took the 2924XL out of the loop, since the PIX 501 has
a 4-port switch on the back.  Much quieter now. 8-)

Now, if the "quieter fan and power supply" kit for my G4 will
show up on monday, I can reduce the noise so that you cant hear
the computer room at the other end of the house...

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net