[rescue] DLT Question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Mar 28 15:18:30 CST 2003

I have a Quantum DLT drive that has indicators for 2.6G, 6.0G, 10G, and
20G tapes, as well as a "compress" indicator.  I'm assuming this means
it supports 10 (20GB compressed) and 20 (40GB compressed) tapes.

I -think- the drive is a DLT4000.

10/20 tapes are almost unobtanium, being cheaper than DLT IV tapes, but
still compatible with DLT IV drives.  20/40 tapes are -expensive-.
However, I see lots of "DLT III-XT" tapes rated at 15/30.  What will my
drive do with these?  Even getting 10/20 out of them would be better
than having to hunt for actual 10/20 tapes.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *) "Saying 8MB of RAM doesn't do as much anymore is
Thorndale, TX      (*  like saying a gallon of water holds more than it