[rescue] HP-UX Laptops - hardware manual

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Thu Mar 27 04:25:58 CST 2003

roosmcd at dds.nl [roosmcd at dds.nl] wrote:
> "3050RX/100C
> A color laptop workstation using the PA/50L CPU from Hitachi. RAM ranges from
> 16MB to 80MB, it included a 500MB internal harddrive and a XGA (1024x768) TFT
> display. " and  "All of these machines run Hitachi's HI-UX/WE2 which should be
> compatible with HP-UX"
>
>  Anyone ever seen one of these? I must admit I've never even heard of HI-UX.

These both (3050RX workstations and HI-UX OS) were almost Japan-only.
I think they should even be more hard to get than Sony's NeWS systems.

References to the 3050RXen are also quite rare; I found some of the
info in the PRO (Precision Origanization) (?) newsletters.

No more references were found to this laptop, but I really would be
interested in having a look at it and at 3050RX systems in general.

	- paul