[rescue] FS: AlphaServer 2100

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Sat Mar 22 23:50:46 CST 2003

On 3/22/03 9:41 PM, "Tom Ponsford" <tponsford at theriver.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Speaking of 2100A, Has anyone got FBSD 5 or any Linux to boot on one of
> these beasts??
>

> Also does anyone have a copy of the ECU (Eisa configuration Utility) for
> 2100A?
> I think a 2100 would work. I need one!!
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom
>
> Bill Bradford wrote:
>> Anybody semi-near Austin interested in a fairly cheap AlphaServer
>> 2100?  Has dual 275Mhz EV5 CPUs, 512M RAM, dual StorageWorks shelves
>> (with hardware RAID), dual power supplies, etc.  I've got the new
>> backplane to upgrade it to a 2100A (more PCI slots, less EISA slots),
>> but havent installed it yet.

Tom,

I have FreeBSD5 running on a quad 200 2100. It went on with no hitches at
all. I did, however, have problems building a more specialized kernel, but
that was probably more my screw-up than anything else. I can e-mail you
images of the ECU disks and the Mylex RAID configuration software as soon as
I dig them up. They are for a 2100, but you can give them a try.

Bill- if you get no other takers, let's talk about some parts- especially
the RAM board(s), and maybe the CPU boards.

Steve