[rescue] Free to a good home, Mac stuff

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Mar 20 22:43:09 CST 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:12:07PM -0500, Michael A. Turner wrote:
>  Centris 650 with phone(1) and network(2) Dongle: This machine I played with
> quite a bit. It has a Sonet Technologies Quad Doubler in it to make it a
> 50Mhz machine. 64MB of physical ram ( 4 * 16 MB sticks) and a 700 MB HD. On
> the first partion it is running system 7.6.1 and I have installed netbsd
> 1.4.2 generic on the rest of the drive. The machine will boot into netbsd
> from the system 7.6.1 partion. I always envisioned this as a border gateway
> as it would give hackers fits trying figure out what the hell this was :-)
>
>  Quadra 650 Phone(1) Dongle and network(2) Dongle 16 MB ram 250 MB HD OS
> 7.5.3 . This is the machine the two hurdler cards came out of.

We're very possibly interested in these two for our kids, plus a pair of
monitors to go with them.  We can pick up from Virginia Beach --
we're in eastern North Carolina right now.  The Quadra 650 is a 25MHz
machine, right?

> 	1 Apple Design Keyboard with mouse
>
> 	1 apple Keyboard II with mouse

Definitely useful, as we have no Mac parts.

> 	1 Quantum 1280 MB SCSI Disk untested

This would go well into either the Centris or the Quadra, right?

> 	1 Mac Color Display m1212
>
> 	1 Apple Multiple Scan 14 Display M4222 I did get a picture off of
> this with the centris but the rest seemed to hate it

And these sound like they pretty much finish out set of working machines.

If no-one's claimed this collection yet, we'd like to get a crack at
them.  Are they still available?

Thanks!