[rescue] Free to a good home, Mac stuff

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Thu Mar 20 22:12:07 CST 2003

	I am still working on cleaning some stuff out of my second floor
computer room and I have this to offer, free of charge, to list members. I
have decided to give up on my older Mac stuff as the rafters are making
funny noises under my computer room. So today's list is all old 68K Macs and
their parts. Free for pickup in the Virginia Beach area of Hampton roads. I
just booted all systems to see what they had so they are working as of right
now.

	Now the list:

 Macintosh classic with phone dongle(1) 4MB Ram , System 7.1 40MB HD

 Macintosh LC II with phone Dongle(1) 6MB Ram , 40MB HD, forgot to write
down the OS

 Centris 650 with phone(1) and network(2) Dongle: This machine I played with
quite a bit. It has a Sonet Technologies Quad Doubler in it to make it a
50Mhz machine. 64MB of physical ram ( 4 * 16 MB sticks) and a 700 MB HD. On
the first partion it is running system 7.6.1 and I have installed netbsd
1.4.2 generic on the rest of the drive. The machine will boot into netbsd
from the system 7.6.1 partion. I always envisioned this as a border gateway
as it would give hackers fits trying figure out what the hell this was :-)

 Quadra 650 Phone(1) Dongle and network(2) Dongle 16 MB ram 250 MB HD OS
7.5.3 . This is the machine the two hurdler cards came out of.

	2 HQS Hurdler Quad Serial Cards.

	11 External Video connectors to fix Performa style Macs with broken
monitors so they can use a second one NIB

	1 Apple Design Keyboard with mouse

	1 apple Keyboard II with mouse

	1 Ethermac print adapter by farallon

	1 apple TV switch box

	1 teleport Gold II fax/modem with power supply

	1 Quantum 1280 MB SCSI Disk untested

	1 Mac Color Display m1212

	1 Apple Multiple Scan 14 Display M4222 I did get a picture off of
this with the centris but the rest seemed to hate it

	1. Mac 12 Monochrome M1050

	1 Network Dongle Intrex EC-10BT for above systems

	Drop me a line if you want to get any of this stuff. Some of the
smaller stuff I can be convinced to mail but forget it for the monitors and
you will have to talk fast to get me to mail one of the systems or
keyboards.

	(1) These phone dongles are labeled Quicknet by belkin. They have
two phone jacks and I believe they had been used to create a small network
amongst some Macs at work. Been phased out before I got their so I am
unsure.

	(2) both of these are CentreCOM MX60T AAUI Twisted Pair Transceiver
10 Base-t IEEE802.3 with the connector appropriate to connect to these Macs.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org
http://www.whro.org