[rescue] roadrunner

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Mar 18 23:18:46 CST 2003

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 08:50:19PM -0500, Larry Snyder wrote:
> You should be fine.  I'm woh.rr.com for a provider, and Dave Holland
> already laid that one out for you.  The big difference between that
> and sbc's dsl offering is that sbc does pppoe.  I do my personal
> domain's mx via the rr pipe, and they haven't beat me up yet.  And
> I don't listen anywhere but 22 and 25 inbound on the appliance
> router.  Not putting the J up on it?  :-)

I went with SBC's "5 static IPs" offering, to get rid of the PPPoE.

All my stuff is currently behind a PIX 501 right now, so I'm only
using one IP at current (I wish they had a "1 static IP" option).

Had it for about 9 months.  Works *great*.  Much better than
RoadRunner ever was.  Lower latency, no dropouts/ssh session timeouts,
etc.

Bill

--
bill bradford